This blog is here as kind of a fitness journal for me and hopefully, maybe some inspiration for you. I believe that fitness isn't just about what we look like in a pair of William Rast jeans. It's about balance, health, motivation, challenge, self esteem & joy.
I have fat genes and fat jeans! I am Mexican and Portuguese and if I don't watch it, my body will blow up faster than you can say "Gorditia". I work everyday at keeping fit. I'm at a point now where it is fun for me to workout (trust me, not every day) but, most. I start every morning thinking about what time I can work out today and what am I going to do. I'm not one of those people that get up at the same time and do the same workouts each day. No way! I would be so bored working out and my body would probably never change. I don't even have a gym membership (partly because I live in California where you can pretty much workout outside year round). I have to mix things up, so each day I do something different. .
Some days I go all out and others I feel like a sloth and do nothing or I have all the intention to workout and something comes up and I don't fit it in, oh well. Remember Fitness is about Health & balance, not obsession.
On this blog I'm going to be posting a daily record of what I do to stay fit and how I lost all the baby weight. There are comment sections at the end of each post and I would love to hear any new ideas, work outs, inspiration or encouragement that you might have for me and anyone reading. Just don't critique my spelling, punctuation or grammar! I know it's bad, but keep reading and just breathe....


Search This Blog

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Get back in the zone


I admit, it's not always easy to get back into a fitness regime.
Last week I barely did any workouts and this week I feel it.

It's nice not to worry about: getting your workout time in, child care, when you're going to take your shower, motivation, getting into your workout gear, all the stuff that comes with working out. Lets face it, its easy to just hangout with the family and watch TV and eat. but, who wants to get sucked into easy? and unhealthy? and fat? and boring? not me!!
So, here is what I do to get motivated after a week long self-imposed sabbatical.

First: It's in your mind.

When I find myself being stagnant in an area of my life. I remember what Brian Tracy says "get right back in the zone". He tells a story of being really excited and productive and in the zone with his life. Then the next week or month maybe not so great. well, that's okay. Just recognize it and get right back in the zone. This works for me and keeps me motivated. I love being in what I consider the zone. When I realize that I'm not in it, I think of this and start the next day or the next Monday.

-Motivation tip:

I like to listen to motivational Cd's in my car rather than the radio. Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Janine Avila, Zig Ziglar, Napoleon Hill are some of my favorites. Right now I'm listening to Ted Turner "Call me Ted" it's very interesting and inspiring.

Second: Like Nike says "Just Do It".
I know it might be hard to do that first workout, but "Just Do It". Make a decision, get off your butt and go sweat! You will feel empowered and full of endorphins afterward. The next couple workouts should come a little easier. If not, keep going until they do.

Third: Say Thanks
If you have air in your lungs and a body to move, you are blessed. Say Thank you as often as you remember.
I've been running on the beach (at the cement ship) with my Dad since I was a little girl. It has always been tradition to sit next to each other on the beach at the end of our run and say a prayer of Thanks. We take in all the beauty of what we see, how we feel and what we have. I'm telling you it's overwhelming. There is no room for depression when you're focusing on all you have right now. We all have so many things to be thankful for. If you can't think of any just start with the air in your lungs.

1 comment: