This blog is here as kind of a fitness journal for me and hopefully, maybe some inspiration for you. I believe that fitness isn't just about what we look like in a pair of William Rast jeans. It's about balance, health, motivation, challenge, self esteem & joy.
I have fat genes and fat jeans! I am Mexican and Portuguese and if I don't watch it, my body will blow up faster than you can say "Gorditia". I work everyday at keeping fit. I'm at a point now where it is fun for me to workout (trust me, not every day) but, most. I start every morning thinking about what time I can work out today and what am I going to do. I'm not one of those people that get up at the same time and do the same workouts each day. No way! I would be so bored working out and my body would probably never change. I don't even have a gym membership (partly because I live in California where you can pretty much workout outside year round). I have to mix things up, so each day I do something different. .
Some days I go all out and others I feel like a sloth and do nothing or I have all the intention to workout and something comes up and I don't fit it in, oh well. Remember Fitness is about Health & balance, not obsession.
On this blog I'm going to be posting a daily record of what I do to stay fit and how I lost all the baby weight. There are comment sections at the end of each post and I would love to hear any new ideas, work outs, inspiration or encouragement that you might have for me and anyone reading. Just don't critique my spelling, punctuation or grammar! I know it's bad, but keep reading and just breathe....


Search This Blog

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

EATING IS KEY




I can workout everyday and still feel fat if I'm eating salty and fatty foods.
I have learned after lots of trial and error what foods work best for my body type.
I have tried the blood type diet, the zone, the lemonade cleanse, no carb diet, spirulina fasts and multiple fad diets. The thing that I learned was you don't have to diet at all. It's a way of eating that ultimately changes your body & health.
I try to eat clean & fresh food.

What I mean by clean is, I don't load on extra condiments like: mayonnaise, ketchup, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, salad dressings etc. there are tons of calories hidden in these dressings. I love flavor but instead I use avocado, balsamic vinegar, Bragg's, hot sauce, pepper and spices. You can have amazing flavor, just be cautious about what you are putting on your food.

What I mean by fresh is simple eat food that comes from the earth. Go organic too!

This is what an average day looks like for me:

Breakfast:

water
coffee w/soy milk & a little sugar
oatmeal w/ a spoonful of peanut butter, some banana or berries & granola sprinkled on top.

water

snack:
hard boiled egg or fruit or nuts or whole grain crackers

water

Lunch:
Sandwich, whole wheat bread, low sodium turkey, steamed broccoli, avocado, sprouts, soy cheese
flax seed chips or veggies

water

snack:
nuts or turkey or power bar
Dinner:
Turkey burger, brown rice, steamed veggies

water

If I want to drink then I'll have a gin & tonic or chardonnay

popcorn, air popped (no salt or butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment