This blog is here as kind of a fitness journal for me and hopefully, maybe some inspiration for you. I believe that fitness isn't just about what we look like in a pair of William Rast jeans. It's about balance, health, motivation, challenge, self esteem & joy.
I have fat genes and fat jeans! I am Mexican and Portuguese and if I don't watch it, my body will blow up faster than you can say "Gorditia". I work everyday at keeping fit. I'm at a point now where it is fun for me to workout (trust me, not every day) but, most. I start every morning thinking about what time I can work out today and what am I going to do. I'm not one of those people that get up at the same time and do the same workouts each day. No way! I would be so bored working out and my body would probably never change. I don't even have a gym membership (partly because I live in California where you can pretty much workout outside year round). I have to mix things up, so each day I do something different. .
Some days I go all out and others I feel like a sloth and do nothing or I have all the intention to workout and something comes up and I don't fit it in, oh well. Remember Fitness is about Health & balance, not obsession.
On this blog I'm going to be posting a daily record of what I do to stay fit and how I lost all the baby weight. There are comment sections at the end of each post and I would love to hear any new ideas, work outs, inspiration or encouragement that you might have for me and anyone reading. Just don't critique my spelling, punctuation or grammar! I know it's bad, but keep reading and just breathe....


Search This Blog

Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WORKOUT

YOGA AND A BEACH RUN

Alisha had told me about a great yoga class on Sunday mornings at motion pacific. There is a teacher there named Mike who is supposed to be really good. So, on Sunday morning I picked her up and we went and did the class together. I didn't look to see but I think it was Vinyasa? He did a lot of toning & hip opening poses. I have been doing yoga for years and I am always interested in trying out new teachers. He was really great and the next day my whole body felt sore. I love that.
If you want to check out one of his classes here in Santa Cruz, you can find him at motion pacific downtown Santa Cruz. You will be able to find him at Gina's new studio on Washburn off Ocean st. starting March 1st.

A couple hours after yoga I decided to go for a run on the beach (Dads run) about 4 miles. Ryan had Cruz and a pumped bottle so I still had some time.



The ancient art of Yoga Vs The Irish art of getting pissed

No comments:

Post a Comment